Thursday, October 20, 2011

How to improve your coding skills in Vb.Net

Today I read a great sticky thread at Tech Life Forums about how to improve your coding in Visual Basic.   This guide actually points out some good key factors in vb.net coding.  Some of the things it explains I actually did not do alot.  Well I didnt really name my controls for starters.  When I was attending college my VB teacher would doc us for points if we did not give our controls a signifcant name.  You would not be surprised with the talk after class lol.  I guess all in all as a programmer everything should have a significant name variables, controls, functions and the list goes on.

You ever get a project from a buddy and he wants your help?  So you download his project and take a look inside to find you dont know what is going in there.  There is no code comments and your best bet is to guess what's going on.  I still do this sometimes which is not a good programming practice, but I am working on it.  Commenting your code is crucial in programming, sometimes you may forget something and when you got upto thousands of lines of code with no comments you dont where to go.  This also looks good when releasing a big project source, if your using your comments it will look more professional.

This guide has helped me out and gave me some reminders to brush up on my project coding in Visual Basic.  The guide also goes on to exaplain more about how to use datatypes correctly, proper nesting structures and much more.  Come check out it at Tech Life Forums and discuss everything tech.

~Digital-Punk

1 comment:

  1. Are you a business owner in need of financial support? Accredit Licensed Money Lender Singapore understands the challenges entrepreneurs face, especially during tough times. Offering short-term, mid-term, and long-term business loans, Accredit provides a comfortable mattress of financial solutions. Their fast approval process and commitment to supporting business ventures make them a go-to choice for business financing. Trust Accredit for reliable and efficient financial assistance tailored to your business needs.

    ReplyDelete